The competition is now open!
National Engineering Competition for Girls sponsored by Rolls-Royce and EADS
We want you to tell us “How can engineers solve the challenges of the 21st Century?”
Follow the steps below to enter the competition.
How to enter:
- Register your interest here. We will send you advice and updates on the competition.
- Click here for the Competition rules & guidelines and the judging criteria
- Click here to find out how to qualify for a CREST Award
- Upload your entry here. The deadline for all entries is midnight on Saturday 21st December 2013
- The entries will be judged by a panel of top female engineers in January 2014 and up to 20 shortlisted finalists will be notified in February 2014. All shortlisted finalists will be invited to be part of The National Engineering Competition for Girls stand at The Big Bang UK Young Scientists & Engineers Fair at the NEC in Birmingham on Saturday 15th March 2014. The prizes will also be awarded at the Big Bang Fair: for each age category there will be one winner and three highly commended runner-ups.
- £1000 for the winner of each age category. This is £500 for the winning entrant (shared between all entrants for team entries) and £500 for your school to spend on science equipment or activities.
- All entrants have the opportunity to qualify for a Bronze or Silver CREST Award. For more details click here. Shortlisted finalists who qualify for the award will have their registration costs refunded.
- Winners and runner-ups will receive free student membership to the Women’s Engineering Society. We will also provide them with a selection of female engineering mentors from which they can chose one that suits them best based on location, type of engineer and mentoring offered (e.g. school visits, careers advice etc.)