What can you do to help make the world a better place?
Did you know that by studying physics and maths you can help to save the planet?
More and more jobs are being created in industries from music to aviation, which are helping us live in a cleaner and greener world.
The skills picked up in these subjects play a vital role in careers that may not immediately jump to mind.
Build a better tomorrow
Change the Planet
"Sustainable energy supply, clean water supply, food supply, good transport systems, inspiring dwelling spaces are at the forefront of the needs of people in every country." - Yewande Akinola - Environmental Services Engineer
- Make a difference, by changing how people experience the world
- Leave your mark, by finding new ways for people to interact with each other and the environment
See the world
"I love to travel, and am always inspired by the people I meet and places that I go. It is great to see a sense of pride and identity in a place, through its historic heritage, new economy and cultural assets." - Debra Lam - Senior Policy and Sustainability Consultant
- Learn transferable skills that can be used around the world
- Immerse yourself in diverse cultures and meet people from across the globe
Make a difference to people's lives
"Engineering is a career where you can use both technical and creative skills together, not only to solve problems but to make a real impression on people’s experiences through innovative and appropriate buildings.” - Hayley Gryc - Senior Structural Engineer
- Your skills can make a real difference to some of the world’s most vulnerable people
- Use your creativity to help find solutions to the world’s most pressing problems
- Be part of teams working on providing new alternative energy sources or developing environmentally-friendly food production.